If a student wants to defer their place on the course to a future cohort, or is considering a deferral, they will have to inform the Student Services Team as soon as possible. There is an official step-by-step process that is required to be completed in full for a deferral to be processed. Please see the steps below:
Step One: Making Us Aware
Inform Student Services of your deferral request or concern via phone or email; it is important to detail your reasoning behind your wish to defer, so they are able to help you as much as possible. Contact details can be found below:
Step Two: Deferral Form
Once Student Services, you will be issued an official form to complete by the Head of Student Services, which should be completed in full with the correct information and sent back as soon as you are able to. The completed form will then be reviewed accordingly.
Step Three: Exit Call
The final stage of the deferral process is to have an exit call with a member of the Student Services Team who welcome any feedback that you may have and will talk through potential other options, should you wish to change your mind at any point. After the call has taken place, and there is no required information outstanding, the deferral can then be officially processed.
Please Note: There are several things to keep in mind once a deferral has been confirmed:
- The deposit you previously paid will be transferred onto the new cohort of your course.
- Your Moodle Account becomes suspended until you return to study with us.
- Please ensure that communication is consistent in order to have successful deferral.
- Students are only able to defer twice in a year: for instance, you may defer from the March 2020 Cohort to the September 2020 cohort, and/or to March 2021 cohort, but no further than this period.
- We request that you do make us aware of your desire to defer your place on the course if you wish to defer, as students risk being discontinued at the Award Board and considered AWOL if they do not officially defer.