If a student, unfortunately, wants to withdraw from the course or is considering a withdrawal, they will have to inform the Student Support Team as soon as possible. There is an official step-by-step process that is required to be completed in full for a withdrawal to be processed. Please see the steps below:
Step One: Making Us Aware
Inform Student Support of your withdrawal request or concern via phone or email; it is important to detail your reasoning behind your wish to withdraw, so they are able to help you as much as possible. Contact details can be found below:
Step Two: Withdrawal Form
Once Student Support, you will be issued an official form to complete by the Head of Student Support, which should be completed in full with the correct information and sent back as soon as you are able to. The completed form will then be reviewed accordingly.
Step Three: Exit Call
The final stage of the withdrawal process is to have an exit call with a member of the Student Support Team who welcome any feedback that you may have and will talk through potential options, should you wish to continue in the future. After the call has taken place, and there is no required information outstanding, the withdrawal can then be officially processed.
Please Note: There are several things to keep in mind once a withdrawal has been confirmed:
- The deposit placed on your course will be lost.
- Your Moodle Account becomes suspended from use and access to the course is lost.
- Please ensure that communication is consistent in order to have successful withdrawal.
- Once a student has officially withdrawn, they are not able to return onto the course until a year has passed since the withdrawal is confirmed.
- We request that you do make us aware of your desire to leave the course if you wish to withdraw, as students risk being discontinued at the Award Board and considered AWOL if they do not officially withdraw.